Control technical support engineer (level 6)
Assuring that manufacturing runs smoothly in areas such as site maintenance.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to degree.
- Typical duration
- 60 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Control support engineer
- Maintenance technician
- Technical support engineer
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Complying with statutory regulations and stringent organisational safety requirements
- Using and interpreting a range of engineering data sources and supporting documentation
- Understanding key performance indicators and utilising lean techniques to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Supporting installation, testing and commissioning of a wide range of equipment as needed
- Carrying out complex fault diagnosis and repair on high technology engineered systems
- Maintaining mechanical, fluid and pneumatic power equipment
- Maintaining electrical, electronic and process control equipment
- Minimising machinery downtime by carrying out preventative planned maintenance
- Confirmation testing and subsequent smooth hand over of equipment and plan
- Leading complex maintenance or technical support activities
- Carrying out testing and calibration of instrumentation control equipment
- Carrying out maintenance activities on electrical equipment
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.