Junior energy manager (level 3)
Helping organisations meet sustainability commitments by reducing energy consumption and reducing costs.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 24 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Construction and the built environment
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Complete template reports and ensure records are maintained for audit and reporting purposes
- Relate the workings of plant, processes and equipment to energy consumption
- Identify and explain variables that vary the energy consumption of a building and process (Building operation: summer/winter; day/night, etc.)
- Identify and explain suitable and measurable energy performance indicators (energy use, consumption, efficiency)
- Implement and/or maintain metering and measurement plans and undertake basic analysis of the outputs
- Carry out basic checks on bills and other recorded data to verify accuracy and repeatability
- Contribute to all aspects of the energy and water use audits: conduct energy and water assessments and/or audits, and identify products’, systems’ and processes’ solutions that reduce energy and water consumption
- Contribute to the organisation’s procurement process/products/services
- Assist with the gathering of energy performance data and administration and implementation of energy awareness and motivation programmes and their associated communication strategies for reduced energy use
- Identify, organise and use resources effectively to complete tasks as instructed, with consideration for efficiency, cost, quality, safety, security and environmental impact
- Carry out basic financial calculations relating to energy costs and savings
- Work effectively and safely when undertaking tasks to approved standards and safe working practices as part of a team, working alone or with appropriate supervision
- Use a variety of appropriate communication methods to interact with others to give/receive information accurately, in a timely, positive and professional manner
- Demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills
- Communicate effectively using evidence-based reporting, communication and presentation skills
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.