Construction support technician (level 3)
Working in an office or on a construction site.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 24 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Construction and the built environment
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Buying and procurement technician
- Contracting quantity surveying technician
- Contracting site technician
- Estimating technician
- General construction contracting operations technician
- Planning technician
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Apply and integrate appropriate mathematical and technical knowledge in the completion of built environment site and/or office processes to contribute to the coordination of construction projects.
- Comply with health and safety regulations and procedures. Identify and document risks and hazards. Apply statutory and company environmental and safe working practices. Produce construction project risk assessment and method statements.
- Communicate verbally to internal and external stakeholders using a range of techniques in line with company policies.
- Interpret and abstract contract documentation to develop site solutions.
- Apply digital construction processes to produce resource lists from tender and contract documentation.
- The use of project tendering, measurement and costing systems to assist with the planning of schedules of work and to provide early warning of problems for all contract phases on site.
- Plan, carry out and manage own work in line with management requirements, assessing tasks, scheduling work, achieving deadlines, reviewing performance and keeping records of work undertaken.
- Apply sustainable principles and low carbon processes in order to implement site environmental solutions.
- Use information technology. For example, for document creation, communication, and information management. Comply with GDPR and cyber security.
- Plan and undertake continued professional development (CPD) to maintain and enhance competence in their own area of practice.
- Communicate in written form to internal and external stakeholders using a range of techniques and reporting mechanisms in line with company policies, using construction and built environment terminology.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.