Senior housing and property management (level 4)
Managing housing or property related services, leading a team and taking responsibility for the cost effectiveness and efficiency of their business area.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national certificate (HNC).
- Typical duration
- 18 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Sales, marketing and procurement
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Assets Manager
- Incomes Manager
- Leasehold Manager
- Lettings Manager
- Neighbourhood Housing Manager
- Neighbourhood Investment Manager
- Property Manager
- Resident Involvement Manager
- Supported Housing Manager
- Voids manager
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Provide leadership in relation to the delivery of excellent customer service in order to provide a professional, accurate, timely, ethical and non-judgemental front line service which meets the needs of a diverse range of customers and stakeholders.
- Demonstrate effective and appropriate communication skills, both verbal and written, in order to manage staff, resolve conflict and communicate effectively with clients, customers, stakeholders and/or partner agencies.
- Lead and work collaboratively with colleagues across the business and in partnership with external organisations to achieve individual, team and business targets.
- Ensure services meet the needs of vulnerable individuals and groups (including those with complex needs).
- Undertake data analysis, interrogate, interpret and disseminate information using a variety of methods and applications.
- Influence and negotiate with partners and suppliers.
- Manage budgets and report on financial performance. Ensure value for money.
- Demonstrate effective performance management. Take the lead on projects through effective project management.
- Lead, motivate, manage and develop individuals and teams to ensure excellent services are delivered. Coach, mentor and ensure the well-being of staff.
- Apply operational and strategic thinking to inform effective decision making to meet individual, team and overall businesses objectives and priorities. Use a flexible and innovative approach to problem solving. Undertake forward planning.
- Effective use of IT equipment and software.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.