Aviation customer service operative (level 2)
Ensure the safe, efficient and effective check-in, boarding, departure and arrival of people.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 12 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Transport and logistics
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Airport agent
- Customer service agent
- Ground handling agent
- Passenger service agent
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Comply with all aviation regulations, work within legislative guidelines and procedures.
- Complete and maintain documentation to meet current legislative aviation guidelines
- Use aviation systems effectively.
- Adapt to different circumstances whilst maintaining customer service standards and remaining polite, helpful and customer focused
- Adhere to procedures for identification and safe handling of dangerous goods
- Work effectively as part of a team and with others identifying and responding to the needs of individuals, including colleagues, other organisations/stakeholders or customers
- Communicate effectively transmitting and receiving information and recording it as required
- Take appropriate action in the event of an incident, disruption or emergency, liaising with relevant people and recording actions and outcomes as required
- Interpret and scrutinise travel documentation
- Identify passenger anomalies and report to the line manager in accordance with relevant regulations
- Correctly check-in all booked passengers and baggage
- Carry out the boarding functions, ensuring accurate head counts and security and pre-boarding briefs and passenger handling duties
- Communicate with flight crew regarding customer and other requirements for example; passengers with restricted movements
- Deal with the required documents and health related items and the processing channels for these
- Identify and use the correct handling method by using IATA PRM codes or via another applicable means of communication
- Take remedial action upon identification of faults or errors in a timely manner.