Transport and warehouse operations supervisor (level 3)
Manage the day to day operations involved in supply chain.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 12 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Transport and logistics
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Depot supervisor
- Hub Supervisor
- Senior Warehouse Operative
- Traffic Planners
- Transport Coordinator
- Transport Manager
- Transport Supervisor
- Warehouse Manager
- Warehouse Supervisor
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Allocate and monitor work and set objectives including continual professional development (CPD), for transport/ warehouse team members.
- Identify skill and knowledge gaps in own performance and team performance in relation to transport/ warehouse operations
- Complete performance development reviews (PDR)/ staff appraisals for transport/ warehouse team members
- Plan training to meet the requirements of the business and the team members including where required, Driver Certificate of Professional Competence and Material/Mechanical Handling Equipment requirements
- Achieve KPI’s and targets set for the transport/ warehouse team and individuals within the transport/ warehouse team
- Carry out disciplinary and manage grievances as per organisational guidelines
- Lead team and departmental communications and meetings
- Carry out risk assessments appropriate to work environment in accordance with the Health and Safety Executive
- use IT equipment and systems for the role such as telematics or warehouse management systems
- plan and review warehouse compliance and efficiencies; labour, placement, schedules, resources to inform improvements, including inbound and outbound goods
- ensure the security of the transport, warehouse and goods in line with organisational policies
- communicate with internal and external customers using various communication methods
- identify and propose innovative business improvements
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.