Telecoms field operative (level 2)
Build, provide or repair telecom services for commercial or residential customers on the UK's National Telecom Access Network.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 15 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Construction and the built environment
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Access Field Technician
- Business Connections Field Engineer
- Copper Jointer
- External Network Cabler Field Installation Engineers
- Fibre Jointer
- Installations Technician
- Nationwide Cable Network Field Force Engineer
- Network Infrastructure Engineer
- Overhead Installation Operative
- Telecommunications Installation Technician
- Telecoms Customer Service Engineer
- Trainee Engineer Copper
- Trainee Engineer Fibre
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Carry out a risk assessment before starting work activities. Follow method statements.
- Identify the structure and composition of telecom network cables.
- Work from and interpret telecom network plans to identify plant or location.
- Work on and in various connection points in the telecoms network.
- Work in a safe manner and follow correct procedures when entering and working in the telecoms network in various environments, including overhead and underground.
- Select and use the appropriate equipment on a telecom network.
- Install and test components of the telecom network.
- Fault-find and problem-solve on the telecom network.
- Maintaining safety standards whilst working towards the task objectives.
- Use personal protective equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Use a variety of communication methods to interact with third parties to give/receive information accurately, in a timely manner in order to deliver the best possible experience.
- Identify and take appropriate actions when working around other utilities services.
- Working as an individual or as a member of a team to achieve defined goals.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.