Advanced golf greenkeeper (level 3)
Assisting with the supervising of the greenkeeping team and the maintenance of the golf course.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 24 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Agriculture, environmental and animal care
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Report on the condition of the golf course to the Golf Course Manager and employer.
- Allocate work and supervise the greenkeeping team in accordance with agreed maintenance plans.
- Supervise the preparation of the golf course in accordance with the Rules of Golf.
- Survey, collect, record and interpret data on the golf course including soil and water analysis.
- Promote good environmental practice on the golf course.
- Evaluate, plan and prepare and set out sites for renovation on the golf course and the clubhouse surrounds
- Supervise, plan maintenance, construction, repair and renovation projects on the golf course and clubhouse surrounds.
- Estimate resource requirements and programme turf maintenance work on the golf course, in accordance with the course policy document.
- Prepare, establish and maintain golf course playing surfaces.
- Supervise and carry out the preparation, maintenance and storage of machines for use.
- Supervise and undertake the operation, maintenance and servicing of irrigation and drainage systems.
- Plan and supervise the control of weeds, pests and diseases on the golf course.
- Promote, monitor and maintain health, safety and security of self, team, others on the golf course and within the maintenance facility.
- Carry out risk assessments on the golf course and maintenance facility.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the maintenance budgets.
- Communicate information to greenkeepers, management and golfers, utilising formal and informal methods.
- Supervise meetings and brief of the greenkeeping team.
- Assist with the training and mentoring of the greenkeeping team.
- Use information technology to assist with effective communication and record keeping.
- Manage their own Continuing Professional Development.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.