Digital community manager (level 4)
Facilitate and instigate direct communication online between the end user or customer and the organisation.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national certificate (HNC).
- Typical duration
- 24 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Community Manager
- Consumer Experience Representative
- Games Community Manager
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Actively moderate community forums, steering and encouraging debate and conversation in line with overall communication strategy and business objectives.
- Communicate clearly, in writing, adapting the message in order to address the particular audience appropriately.
- Work autonomously as online interaction and communication is fast moving and response to the community often needs to be delivered promptly.
- Create and contribute to creation of assets for publication online including written, visual, audio or video to engage community.
- Listen, assess, engage and react appropriately to an online situation or requests from the online community.
- Use custom and internal forum software and Content Management System to manage and schedule posts and content delivery.
- Craft the tone of communications to appeal to the different audiences on different digital platforms, in keeping with company brand and message.
- Ability to deliver the organisations message and goals to the community in a manner appropriate to the community and forum
- Analyse, interpret and evaluate the information and ideas that are raised by the online community.
- Deliver what the community may regard as unwelcome information about a product, such as a game release, in a positive manner, protecting brand reputation
- Deliver effective written communication when messaging the online community via forums and online media channels.
- Use data analytics created by software packages and community tools dashboards to create reports for internal use
- Identify and moderate users who violate the forum or company policy, intervening to change behaviour or issuing warnings, suspensions and bans as appropriate.
- Ability to manage conflict positively.
- Analyse and evaluate the information created by data analytics to review the effectives of their actions
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.