Construction quantity surveying technician (level 4)
Monitoring and controlling costs and contracts on construction projects.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national certificate (HNC).
- Typical duration
- 36 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Construction and the built environment
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Assistant Construction Surveyor
- Assistant Cost Engineer or Assistant Cost Analyst
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor
- Quantity Surveying Technician
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Health and Safety: Apply health and safety issues to all activities.
- Sustainability: Demonstrate application of the principles of sustainability.
- Construction Technology: Assist in the implementation of the most appropriate solutions for construction projects
- Contracts: Be able to apply different types of contracts to different situations.
- Procurement: Assist in the selection of and negotiation with specialist contractors for a construction project.
- Cost control: Assist in the measurement and costing of construction works during a project.
- Financial reporting: Assist in the preparation of financial reports, cash flow and cost forecasts for a construction project.
- Administration: Assist in the collection, collation and storage of relevant data and its analysis.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.