Science industry maintenance technician (level 3)
Contributing to the operation of science industry plant by installing, maintaining, testing and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 36 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Work safely in a science industry environment, understanding personal responsibility for Health, Safety, Environment and Security and principles of risk management.
- Participate in continuous performance improvement.
- Safely use all necessary equipment, following the appropriate engineering techniques, procedures and methods of relevance to complete the maintenance activity.
- Prepare the work area for maintenance of plant, systems or components.
- Carry out planned routine and non- routine maintenance activities, effectively, efficiently and safely.
- Reinstate the work area after completing the maintenance of plant, systems and components.
- Conduct safe and effective exchange of plant and equipment to others and accept and confirm responsibility for the plant and equipment within the work area.
- Manufacture or assemble components within skill set.
- Develop and apply theoretical knowledge of engineering and its application to the required sector & job ro This should be acquired through a qualification set at level 3 (or above) that is approved by a licensed professional engineering institution.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.