Funeral director (level 3)
Arranging, conducting and managing funerals.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 12 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Sales, marketing and procurement
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Lead the team to use established strategies when handling grieving clients. Build a rapport with clients anticipating their requirements and providing excellent service. Handle and resolve clients concerns, complaints and compliments.
- Lead a service, which delivers business vision and values when dealing with clients, colleagues and all stakeholders. Work to improve the profitability and reputation of the business whilst being respectful to competitors. Create opportunities to introduce / promote the business at local events, assist with fund raising and support community services. Manage and monitor the appropriate use of technologies meeting business objectives.
- Supervise and manage the day-to-day running of the business. Carry out briefings and debriefings to organise the team to meet business objectives. Lead the team effectively responding positively to different group dynamics and personalities. Design and manage contingencies according to own role and business needs. Act within limits of own authority making decisions and escalating to business decision makers/stakeholders when necessary.
- Apply legal requirements for the sector whilst supervising staff working with external agencies and authorities. Supervise operations according to the business’ governance, policies and procedures. Organise and support colleagues to coordinate specialist funeral services within legal requirements.
- Facilitate continuous professional development activities and use newly acquired skills and knowledge to improve business, self and others. Research, source and implement development activities. Identify training needs with team members, arrange and/or deliver development activities to others.
- Cascade up-to-date information to the team regarding new and current products and services. Empower the team to be confident when offering choice to the client.
- Give appropriate responses to all forms of communication, showing an ability to interpret a range of cues. Monitor the effectiveness of and encourage excellent communications across all operations that achieve the best result for the business.
- Manage business information systems and procedures. Use ethical practices to support profitability and maintain own business’ social responsibilities. Analyse management information and suggest ways to improve business performance.
- Show ability to take control and ownership of events on the day of the funeral.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.