Chartered legal executive (level 6)
Providing legal services to clients and colleagues.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to degree.
- Typical duration
- 60 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Legal, finance and accounting
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Use accurate and suitable language in communication - written and oral. Represent and advise a client through effective communication, including negotiation and advocacy, where applicable and permitted.
- Ability to read and understand numbers used in different ways, interpret results and present findings accurately.
- Plan and meet deadlines expeditiously in order to deliver outcomes for the business.
- Ability to work co-operatively with others towards achieving internal and external clients' objectives.
- Client focused with an ability to build strong relationships with client and third party contacts at all levels. Provide clear advice to clients or service users.
- Ability to identify, gather and present relevant information from appropriate sources to order this information in terms of importance, relevance and value and to use it to carry out required tasks. Ability to undertake legal research and produce research notes.
- Ability to draft and present legal documentation which is accurate and appropriate.
- Understand, implement and maintain filing and recording systems and procedures.
- Analyse, interpret, critically evaluate and synthesise information in order to apply the law appropriately to a clients situation and advise on solutions to legal problems.
- Give succinct and practical legal advice to clients in terms that they can easily understand.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.