Learning mentor (level 3)
Supporting learners of all ages, and all levels, to develop within a new work role.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 12 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Education and childcare
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- S1 Advise, guide and supervise learners to acquire the most benefit from their learning programme
- S2 Communicate and collaborate effectively and use effective questioning, listening and assertiveness skills
- S3 Work with education providers and workplace colleagues to plan and implement structured and meaningful learning and work experience
- S4 Liaise with assessors, coaches and/or teachers to facilitate formative and summative assessment of learners’ skills and knowledge
- S5 Identify and refer issues relevant to learners’ progress and well-being, to education-providers and/or workplace colleagues
- S6 Collaborate with the wider education support team to review learners’ progress and to provide evidence of progress and achievement
- S7 Maintain appropriate records for the learning programme, complying with quality, confidentiality and data protection requirements
- S8 Liaise with relevant colleagues to support the implementation of learners’ action plans
- S9 Be vigilant in safeguarding learners and others in contact with them
- S10 Maintain the currency of their vocational skills
- S11 Comply with internal and external quality assurance requirements
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.