Beauty and make up consultant (level 2)
Selling beauty products and helping customers choose which ones to buy.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 12 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Hair and beauty
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- beauty consultant
- make up consultant
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Professionalism and values: Carry out and maintain organisational and beauty retail industry duties and requirements for professionalism: meet organisational and industry standards of appearance; maintain expected image and etiquette; implement equality and diversity protocols; work under pressure; observe time management and self-management; maintain and manage a work area; complete services in a commercially viable time and to a high standard; demonstrate a passion for the beauty retail industry; facilitate a positive customer journey and experience whilst maintaining confidentiality and consumer rights; communicate effectively with customers recognising when to apply different verbal and non-verbal communication skills; solve problems quickly and effectively as they emerge within the scope of responsibilities; and seek assistance from a senior member of staff when required
- Safe working practices: Meet legal, industry and organisational requirements: maintain effective, hygienic and safe working methods and safety considerations; adhere to workplace, supplier’s or manufacturer’s instructions for the safe use of equipment, materials and products; maintain the customer’s modesty, privacy and comfort; minimise risks of cross-infection, injury or fatigue; promote environmental and sustainable working practices; ensure personal hygiene and protection meets industry and organisational requirements
- Instruct the use and application of skin care products and make-up: Consult, prepare, plan and deliver basic skin care and make-up instruction, and evaluate the success of skin care and make-up instruction with customers to meet individual customer needs, occasions and skin type/ condition
- Advise and demonstrate a range of beauty retail products tools and equipment for the: eyelashes and eyebrows: methods used to enhance the appearance of the eyes and brows including: hair removal, eyebrow artistry and their effects, colour eyelashes
- Advise and demonstrate a range of beauty retail products tools and equipment for the: face, neck and skin: methods used to improve and maintain the condition of the face and neck, including facial and specialist skin care products
- Advise and demonstrate a range of beauty retail products tools and equipment for the: nails: methods used to enhance the appearance of the nails and hand, feet and skin, including specialist nail products
- Completes promotional activities: Plan, prepare, implement and evaluate promotional activities to support beauty retail sales
- Advise, demonstrate and sell beauty products to customers: Identify the targets for sales and creation of prospective sales, inform and gain the customer’s commitment to purchasing the additional services/products. Carry out stock rotation and maintenance
- Advise and demonstrate perfumery recommendations to customers: Evaluate and establish customers’ fragrance preferences and recommend appropriate fragrance choices
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.