Nail services technician (level 2)
Completing nail services on a one-to-one basis with individual customers/clients within commercial timings
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 12 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Hair and beauty
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Carry out and maintain nail service industry requirements for professionalism and demonstrate a passion for the industry: show creativity; meet organisational and industry standards of appearance; work under pressure, observe time and self-management; demonstrate an appreciation of equality and diversity; complete services in a commercially viable time and to a high standard; provide advice and recommendations on the nail services aftercare and appointments; describe the range of products and services in the nail services industry; facilitate a positive customer journey and experience whilst maintaining confidentiality and consumer rights; demonstrate excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills; deal with problems within the scope and responsibilities of the occupation swiftly, seeking assistance from a senior member of staff when required
- Meet industry, legal and organisational requirements: maintain effective, hygienic and safe working methods; meet health and safety considerations; adhere to workplace, suppliers’ or manufacturers’ instructions for the safe use of equipment, materials and products; maintain the customer’s modesty, privacy and comfort; minimise risks of cross-infection, injury or fatigue; promote environmental and sustainable working practices; ensure personal hygiene and protection meets industry, organisational and local authority requirements; correctly use Personal Protective Equipment
- Assess customer’s/client’s requirements and provide manicure services using nail products and equipment
- Assess customers’/clients’ requirements and provide pedicure services using nail products and equipment
- Advise, demonstrate and recommend methods and sell products for enhancing the appearance of the nails and hands with customers/clients; make and advise on bookings
- Consult, plan, prepare and provide gel polish services on customers/clients. Maintain and remove gel polish services on customers/clients
- Consult, plan, prepare and provide nail art services customers/clients
- Consult, plan, prepare and provide nail enhancement services including natural nail overlays, tips and overlays, and maintenance and removal of nail enhancements on customers/clients
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.