Production chef (level 2)
Working as part of a team in time-bound and often challenging kitchen environments.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 12 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Catering and hospitality
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Check, prepare, assemble, cook, regenerate, hold and present food meeting the needs of the customers and maintaining organisational standards and procedures.
- Use kitchen tools and equipment correctly to produce consistently high quality dishes according to specifications.
- Take responsibility for the cleanliness, organisation and smooth running of the work area.
- Produce dishes to suit individuals’ specific dietary, religious and allergenic needs as required.
- Operate within all regulations, legislation and procedural requirements.
- Complete and maintain documentation to meet current legislative guidelines.
- Use effective methods of communication with all colleagues, managers and customers to promote a positive image of yourself and the organisation.
- Work in a fair and empathetic manner to support team members while offering a quality provision.
- Work to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Work collaboratively to uphold the vision, values and objectives of the organisation.
- Use technology appropriately.
- Maintain quality and consistency in food production by using resources in line with organisations’ financial constraints, style, specifications and ethos.
- Identify own learning style, personal development needs and opportunities and take action to meet those needs.
- Use feedback positively to improve performance.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.