Beauty therapist (level 2)
Completing beauty treatments as a key part of a beauty business.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 15 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Hair and beauty
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Safe working Practices: Meet legal, industry and organisational requirements: maintain effective, hygienic and safe working methods; meet health and safety considerations; adhere to workplace, suppliers’ or manufacturers’ instructions for the safe use of equipment, materials and products; maintain the client’s modesty, privacy and comfort; minimise risks of cross-infection, injury or fatigue; promote environmental and sustainable working practices; ensure personal hygiene and protection meets industry, organisational and local authority requirements; correctly use, store and dispose of personal protective equipment
- Provide waxing services: Consult, plan, prepare and perform waxing services to remove unwanted hair on clients from the legs, underarms, face and bikini line
- Provide hand and nail treatments: Consult, plan, prepare and perform hand and nail treatments on clients
- Provide foot treatments: Consult, plan, prepare and perform foot and nail treatments on clients
- Provide facial treatments: Consult, plan, prepare and perform facial skin care treatments, use facial products and equipment, and improve and maintain skin condition on clients
- Provide eyelash and eyebrow treatments: Consult, plan, prepare and perform enhancements to the appearance of the eyebrows and lashes on clients
- Provide make-up application: Consult, plan, prepare and perform make-up services on clients
- Provide basic massage treatments: Consult, plan, prepare and perform manual back, neck and shoulder massage treatments on clients
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.