Fashion and textiles product technologist (level 4)
Producing a wide range of products, from clothing and fashion to leather goods, shoes, soft furnishings, marine and medical textiles.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national certificate (HNC).
- Typical duration
- 22 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Analyse, evaluate and cost the production of given designs and identify possible constraints
- Develop samples that meets design, end use and specifications
- Contribute to fit sessions and production meetings
- Analyse product samples with focus on quality, fit , risk and production processes e.g. size, shape, materials, timescales and costs
- Carry out product risk assessments e.g. safety, colour, cost, time, fitness for purpose, production process
- Approve samples and allocate sample seal if appropriate, maintaining a complete history of the sealing process
- Oversee material and product tests and analyse test results e.g. performance, function, wash, wearer/user trials
- Develop product tech-packs e.g. specifications, working drawings, measurements, labelling, quality standards, tolerances, materials
- Ensure legislation and regulation requirements are met e.gimport regulations, safety regulations, trade regulations
- Conduct product reviews on returned products
- Analyse product returns and identify potential solutions e.g. change materials, re-cut pattern
- Complete analysis reports
- Manage quality problems and eradicate potential issues e.g. fabric, trim, construction faults
- Contribute to the solution of production issues e.g. thread breakage, missing components
- Work with the warehouse and distribution systems and processes to ensure, safe, punctual delivery of products
- Use relevant communication systems and accurately complete work records
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.