Formworker (level 2)
Preparing, installing and managing all stages of the formwork and falsework processes.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 18 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Construction and the built environment
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Communicate in a clear and appropriate manner (verbal, written, body language). Adjusts communication to suit different situations, individuals or teams.
- Apply general workplace health, safety and welfare requirements when undertaking construction formworking/falseworking activities.
- Practice safe working techniques for moving, lifting and handling traditional and proprietary formwork system; which will include working at heights and using access equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of planning and able to undertake different methods of construction used to build structures productively. Competent to read, interpret and apply information from drawings, specifications and construction information.
- Takes ownership of allocated projects and effectively manages own time.
- Use a range of methods used to communicate workplace requirements effectively and demonstrate how key personnel should communicate effectively within a team.
- Form and assemble horizontal and vertical formwork as per design drawings and repair, erect and strike formworking.
- Erect, Strike formwork/ falsework and its components for a range of applications including wall, slabs/bases, columns, beams and precast units to support concrete.
- Competent to safely use, store and maintain hand tools, power tools and ancillary equipment.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.