Pest control technician (level 2)
Identify and get rid of pests like rats, mice and cockroaches.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 18 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Agriculture, environmental and animal care
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Communicate effectively at all levels
- Be able to deal with customer conflict and challenge
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Ensure equality at all times – treat all customers as equals
- Prioritise your workload and manage customer expectations
- Correctly identify target pests and non-target species
- Complete site surveys / inspections to include identifying pests present, entry points and other factors that could attract or sustain pests at the location.
- Select and use monitoring and control measures most appropriate for a site, adhering to the risk hierarchy when using rodenticides
- Calculate volumes and areas for specific treatment types and comply with label and personal protection equipment requirements
- Use chemical and physical pest control devices and tools safely and effectively
- Abide by regulations and legislation requirements
- Make and explain appropriate recommendations and risks to customers to aid control and prevent re-infestation – including post treatment procedures
- Maintain and calibrate application and control equipment
- Maintain accurate documentation to assist customers with the audit processes and to maintain a log of activity for future reference.
- Dispose of pest control waste and carcasses adhering to legislation and / or regulation guidelines
- Be punctual
- Maintain an appropriate personal appearance
- Ensure work activity is prioritised and completed correctly
- Take ownership for keeping your service and product knowledge up to date.
- Decide on best methods of infestation control and be accountable for decisions made
- Make decisions in accordance with legislation, codes of practice and company policies
- Solve problems safely, efficiently and timely
- Know when and how to seek help
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.