International freight forwarding specialist (level 3)
Helping organise large-scale freight imports and exports.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 18 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Transport and logistics
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Air freight forwarder
- Freight forwarder
- Freight forwarding specialist
- Import/export administrator
- Import/export clerk
- Import/export customer service operator
- Import/export freight co-ordinator
- Import/export freight forwarder
- Import/export operator
- Seafreight freight forwarder
- Shipping co-ordinator
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Select freight forwarding services based on customer requirements, taking into account country specific factors, delivery times and modes.
- Use generic or bespoke ICT systems in order to enter and monitor data on importing or exporting goods.
- Book, plan and monitor international shipments, using manual or ICT systems, in accordance with the rules and regulations that apply to that area of the world and to the goods consigned.
- Prepare a customs declaration to a national standard, or give custom clearance instructions to a third party.
- Use data systems to submit the information required by customs authorities as part of the management of the international movement of goods.
- Produce freight costings and invoices in line with Incoterms, customer profile or sales contract.
- Identify and source data from customers, systems or colleagues.
- Identify and resolve problems in line with responsibilities.
- Create and maintain productive working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Adapt communication based on the situation and the audience.
- Identify problems outside of limits of responsibility and escalate within company policy.
- Communicate in writing, preparing communications on technical matters.
- Communicate with others verbally, including internal and external customers.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.