Dual fuel smart meter installer (level 2)
Safely installing, exchanging and maintaining smart meters, explaining to customers how they work and how to use energy more efficiently.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 14 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Construction and the built environment
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Carry out a thorough and rigorous risk assessment to ensure safety of customer, self and property on arrival, during install and upon exit
- Take personal responsibility for maintaining safety standards and achieving job objectives
- Use tools, equipment and personal protective equipment in a safe and appropriate manner
- Install, exchange, commission, decommission and ongoing maintenance of Smart metering systems, associated equipment and communication systems in accordance with industry standards
- Work with focus and clear purpose in all conditions and locations, covering business requirements, usually working alone and safely adapt working methods to reflect changes in working environments
- Work on customer premises/property showing appropriate care, respect whilst focusing on safety
- Use a variety of appropriate communication methods to interact with customers and others to give/receive information accurately, in a timely and positive manner in order to deliver the best possible experience to customers. This will include practical advice and the benefits of using the equipment
- Identify where situations or conditions are to unsafe standards and take appropriate actions within your range of competency
- Achieve individual and team tasks which align to overall work objectives, be self- motivated and disciplined in the approach to work tasks
- Prepare and sequence equipment and tasks in the order prescribed in relevant operational standards or according to a specific regulations or set of rules
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.