Community sport and health officer (level 3)
Engaging people in sport and physical activity across local communities.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 16 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Health and science
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Successful application of tactics and strategies to empower people from inactive and hard to reach populations to take up an active lifestyle
- Successful application of a range of approaches that bring about changes in attitudes and behaviours within target communities
- Supporting people within target communities to become involved in the preparation, planning and delivery of sport and active lifestyles
- Using local insight and customer-orientated marketing skills to attract high priority groups into existing leisure, parks and sport infrastructure
- Negotiation, lobbying and brokerage skills with local partners across public health, community development and anti social behaviour
- Demonstrate clear and effective communication techniques in order to give/receive information accurately and in a timely and positive manner
- Problem solving and effective decision making with regards the design and implementation of sport and physical activity programmes
- Writing successful funding bids to enable new, different or more opportunities to take place for sport and physical activity
- Managing disruptive behaviour of clients and customers before, during and after activities
- Managing and adapting personal behaviours to ensure provision is inclusive, customer-focused and accessible
- Building partnerships and developing meaningful relationships with local partners and stakeholders in sport and physical activity
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.