Business fire safety advisor (level 3)
Work with businesses to help protect their premises from fire.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 24 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Protective services
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Plan and prepare for visits to simple premises including interpreting building information
- Conduct effective visits to simple premises
- Advise, influence and educate stakeholders on fire safety matters in relation to simple premises
- Identify fire hazards and risks in simple premises
- Evaluate fire hazards, risks and control measures in simple premises
- Report on the compliance and findings of visits to simple premises
- Recommend options to support appropriate risk reduction measures, fire precautions and maintenance routines in simple premises
- Recognise when a situation is beyond the scope of their role and take appropriate action
- Record keep in line with organisational requirements
- Use ICT effectively to support work
- Demonstrate good organisational skills, the ability to work unsupervised and manage workloads within agreed timescales
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, the ability to work with others and build positive professional working relationships
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.