Community activator coach (level 2)
Planning, leading and coaching physical activities for people of all ages in the community.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 18 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Health and science
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Planning and adapting sessions and activities that respond to customer feedback and encourage customers to develop a lifelong activity habit.
- Coaching or leading pre-planned sport or physical activity sessions that are attractive to the target audience(s) and develop motivational relationships with customers.
- Promoting a physical activity offer, (including but not exclusively) organised play and sport in the community which supports individuals on their behaviour change journey.
- Working collaboratively with sports clubs and other community assets – including volunteers, public services, youth workers, the police and community champions.
- Supporting customers to co-produce rewarding volunteering opportunities.
- Supporting families to participate together in sport and physical activity.
- Working effectively with customer insight to overcome individual, community and societal barriers to participation in physical activity and sport.
- Contributing to the employer’s design of activities and services and practising the employer’s organisation’s values, policies and procedures.
- Contributing to teams that deliver community events and festivals.
- Supporting organisations to evaluate, develop and promote sessions and other opportunities such as outdoor group exercise and informal social play.
- Maintaining personal safety and wellbeing, as well as that of customers.
- Managing disruptive behaviours from individuals within the group setting.
- Encouraging customers to be regularly active – both formally and informally – within sports clubs or leisure facilities including open-space.
- Effectively using social media and technology, appropriately, to deliver targeted messages to identified customer groups for example children, teenagers, adults and older adults.
- Effectively monitor and evaluate activities, sessions and projects using technology platforms to maintain accurate records and produce timely reports.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.