Probate technician (level 4)
Assisting a probate lawyer to administer the estate of a deceased person.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national certificate (HNC).
- Typical duration
- 18 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Legal, finance and accounting
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Demonstrates an ability to analyse and prioritise the current workload. This should include taking into consideration any deadlines and show an ability to re-prioritise accordingly, when necessary.
- Provide excellent levels of client care and communication through regular client contact that is appropriate to the outcome. Meet reasonable expectation of clients and provide clear and appropriate advice.
- Convey information to clients and others in a clear and simple manner (where appropriate, interpret technical language using plain English) in both written and oral communication.
- Create and maintain accurate file records in line with employers policies and procedures, taking into account Data Protection and Confidentiality issues.
- Apply attention to detail in all work to ensure correct legal and tax advice is provided. Accurately follow internal (and external) processes and carry out procedures to ensure a matter is fully compliant. Uphold all relevant codes of conduct.
- Draft accurate and complete legal documentation, taking pride in the delivery of high quality work. Identify legal or tax resources to undertake relevant research to progress a matter; and escalate when a matter becomes complex or beyond own agreed level of accountability.
- Understand, interpret and be able to apply numbers accurately in order to calculate the standard financial aspects of a small case load of non-inheritance tax and non-complex estates; and maintain compliant and complete record keeping.
- Manage time autonomously to ensure deadlines, agreed performance targets and milestones are achieved, as applicable.
Full information on Probate technician (level 4) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.