Building services engineering ventilation hygiene technician (level 3)
Cleaning and decontaminating ventilation systems to ensure compliance with industry standards.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 24 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Construction and the built environment
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Apply relevant safety legislation, codes of practice and safe working practices to self and others, including risk assessment and method statements
- Plan and organise systems cleaning including the use, interpretation and annotation of drawings
- Prepare work areas in new and existing sites for cleaning
- Identify and use resources, tools, technology and equipment effectively, to complete cleaning tasks, to industry standards, while minimising environmental impact
- Undertake pre clean testing, cleaning, post clean testing and create a detailed profile of the ductwork system, including any area that needs remedial action
- Provide information for post clean reporting including drawings
- Carry out minor on-site modifications including replacement of flexi duct and fitting access doors
- Solve problems within their scope of responsibility and that of others under their control
- Identify and evaluate problems through the application of technical skills and knowledge, and report as appropriate
- Oversee the programme of work and work environment, taking responsibility for the work, quality, safety and welfare of others
- Mentor and support the learning and development of others
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.