Building services engineering ductwork craftsperson (level 3)
Installing and servicing building ventilation systems.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 48 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Construction and the built environment
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- air conditioning engineer
- ductwork engineer
- ductwork fitter
- ventilation engineer
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Apply relevant safety legislation, codes of practice and safe working practices to self and others in building services engineering working environments.
- Plan and organise ductwork system work tasks.
- Prepare work areas in new and existing sites to undertake allocated ductwork component installation work tasks.
- Undertake the installation of ductwork system components in ways which use resources efficiently to complete work tasks, effectively, safely and with consideration to environmental impact using industry recognised standards.
- Apply installation, assembly, positioning, fitting and testing techniques and oversee the work of others on: rectangular, circular and flat oval, fire-rated, air handling units and local exhaust ventilation ductwork system components, including prefabricated and/or modularised components and distribution systems, to industry recognised standards.
- Undertake work tasks in pre-commissioning, commissioning, handover and decommissioning of ductwork systems.
- Take site measurements to allow new items of ductwork to be manufactured.
- Carry out on-site modifications as appropriate.
- Solve problems within their scope of responsibility and that of others under their control.
- Identify, evaluate and implement solutions to problems through the application of technical skills and knowledge, and report as appropriate.
- Oversee the programme of work and work environment, taking responsibility for the work, quality, safety and welfare of others.
- Mentor and support the learning and development of others.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.