Baker (level 2)
Making bakery products in a craft, plant or retail bakery.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 18 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Catering and hospitality
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Baking operative
- In-store baker
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Select, prepare/set-up and use equipment and machinery.
- Clean and check tools and equipment.
- Monitor materials/stock levels and controls for example, first in first out, temperature and environment.
- Receive and store materials/stock from external suppliers and/or internal stores.
- Store finished goods.
- Package and label bakery products for example, allergens.
- Comply with health & safety, food safety, environmental procedures, PPE, hygiene and method statements.
- Clean and tidy work area. Dispose of waste and recycle.
- Communicate verbally for example, with colleagues, suppliers and customers.
- Record information - paper based or electronic.
- Identify bakery product problems/faults and underlying causes.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.