Actuarial technician (level 4)
Helping colleagues to build mathematical models to make financial predications for clients.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national certificate (HNC).
- Typical duration
- 24 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Legal, finance and accounting
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
Skills an apprentice will learn
- The ability to analytically and logically apply numerical techniques to given requirements and understand basic actuarial principles and calculations e.g. to review the claim reserve pool for an insurance company to ensure they have sufficient funds.
- Taking responsibility for assigned tasks, planning and delivering results to a high standard and within the required timescales, and adapting to new requests or unforeseen events, e.g. avoiding errors and omissions when working under pressure to ensure that clients receive the best results.
- Maintaining high levels of service standards, internally and externally. An awareness of clients’ needs and an understanding of the importance of maintaining a relationship with the client and the need for the company to benefit financially from the services offered e.g. responding promptly to client queries to keep them happy.
- Working in an organised manner with attention to detail in order to deliver good outcomes for the business e.g. working on a number of different actuarial/technical projects at the same time with different clients and deadlines.
- Obtaining, analysing, modelling and interpreting data to solve actuarial challenges e.g. understanding previous motor claims to work out the next year’s premium.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.