Facilities management supervisor (level 3)
Managing the working environment for an organisation's employees and services within industrial and commercial buildings.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 18 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Construction and the built environment
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- facilities manager
- facilities supervisor
- services manager
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Facilities Management within the context of the employing organisation (Hard Facilities Management, Soft Facilities Management, Total or Integrated Facilities Management)
- Management of Health and Safety in accordance with employing organisation and client/customer requirements for the facilities management service they are supervising
- Developing relationships in the workplace with colleagues from own employing organisation and with employees of the customer/client to achieve service targets
- Develop and implement risk assessment plans in accordance with the requirements for the facilities management service they are supervising
- Organize and delegate day to day activities of staff to ensure that the facilities management service meets contractual requirements and service targets
- Monitor the costs of the facilities management service to ensure the budget is not exceeded
- Procure supplies for the facilities management service and maintain relationships with suppliers
- Resolve customer service queries and issues in accordance with contractual requirements; monitor customer service issues in order to prevent re-occurrence
- Solve day to day problems to ensure the facilities management service meets its service targets and contractual requirements
- Manage the day to day performance of staff and contribute to their development
- Ensure that resources (materials and equipment) are used efficiently by ensuring correct use in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions
- Take responsibility for own development of skills and knowledge
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.