Assistant accountant (level 3)
Carrying out routine financial activities and support for businesses and organisations of all types and sizes.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 18 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Legal, finance and accounting
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- accountancy practitioner
- Accounts Clerk
- Assistant Accountant
- Finance Assistant
- Purchase Ledger Clerk
- Sales Ledger Clerk
- Trainee Accounting Technician
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Effectively records and analyses financial data at the appropriate level using the organisation’s standard tools and processes. Communicates to all stakeholders to aid decision making to add value to the organisation, within the responsibility of the position.
- Works both independently and as part of a team within the organisation’s standards; competently demonstrates an ability to communicate both in writing and orally at all levels, using a range of tools and demonstrating strong interpersonal skills and cultural awareness when dealing with internal and external customers. Demonstrates the ability to communicate financial information in a way that non-finance staff can interpret and understand.
- Consistently delivers high quality, ‘right first time’ financial and performance data in a timely fashion in line with the organisation’s requirements, to aid decision making and planning.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify the appropriate systems and processes to work productively in order to complete the required tasks. Demonstrates competent use of office and accounting packages. Able to maintain the security of accounting information using passwords and backup routines.
- Applies techniques to both common and non-routine problems, analysing where required and selecting the appropriate tools and techniques to produce solutions. Escalates or seeks guidance and support where appropriate.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.