Food technologist (level 3)
Making sure food and drink products are of the right quality and safe to eat and drink.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 24 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Health and science
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Implement and maintain risk management systems (eg Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points)
- Review and maintain technical procedures for food businesses
- Use a range of IT systems to analyse and interpret data to identify trends and drive Continuous Improvement (CI)
- Provide and interpret management data and information (reports and presentations)
- Carry out internal audits and participate in external audits
- Conduct sensory evaluation activities
- Investigate and resolve problems, including customer complaints and quality issues
- Contribute to Continuous Improvement (CI)
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues
- Act as a champion for the technical department within the wider business
- Carry out a product costing
- Support product trials
- Use problem solving techniques, to include root cause analysis and investigation methods
- Influence and negotiate with colleagues
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.