Product design and development engineer (degree) (level 6)
Using engineering techniques to bring new products to life or redesign existing products.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to degree.
- Typical duration
- 60 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- product designer
- product development engineer
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Foundation Stage: How to comply with statutory requirements and stringent organisational safety requirements
- Foundation Stage: How to effectively use, interpret and evaluate a range of engineering data sources and documentation
- Foundation Stage: Organising work efficiently and effectively in managing engineering resources when completing tasks
- Foundation Stage: Producing components using hand fitting techniques and producing mechanical assemblies
- Foundation Stage: Producing Electrical or Electronic Drawings or CAD Models using a CAD system
- Foundation Stage: Preparing and using lathes, milling and other general or specialist high tech equipment
- foundation Stage: Applying mechanical, electrical and electronic devices and equipment
- Foundation Stage: Using computer software packages to assist with engineering activities
- Foundation Stage: Producing and managing engineering project plans
- Development Stage: Project Management in undertaking engineering activities
- Development Stage: Establishing design briefs, presenting and discussing technical proposals
- Development Stage: Managing and controlling product design change
- Development Stage: Supporting team feasibility design reviews.
- Devlopement Stage: Demonstrating technical and commercial management in planning and managing tasks & resources
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.