Supply chain warehouse operative (level 2)
Carrying out a range of moving, packaging and stock-taking roles and duties in a warehouse environment.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 12 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Transport and logistics
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- warehouse operative
- warehouse operator
- warehouse worker
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Operate and handle equipment safely and efficiently as required for their role, such as Forklift Trucks, High Reach Trucks, Powered Pallet Trucks or Man Up Trucks; manoeuvre vehicles in restricted spaces; safely use and position vehicle fitted equipment such as mirror requirements.
- Comply with appropriate rules, regulations and processes for safely and efficiently moving, handling, packing and unpacking different items, both manually and using relevant equipment (such as MHE, vehicle and delivery systems); understand consequences of incorrect use.
- Work individually and as part of a team to safely move and handle objects; maintain a high level of housekeeping and manage waste effectively; know where to find instructions or guidance; check for damaged or missing items as appropriate; take responsibility for maintaining health, safety and security of people at all times.
- Safely and efficiently load and unload items into and from vehicles, buildings, containers, lift vans, crates and/or boxes; use appropriate MHE or machinery where necessary; ensure items are safely and efficiently packed, assembled and/or disassembled as appropriate.
- Select, prepare and use packaging materials appropriate to the job efficiently and in a way which reduces waste, costs and environmental impact; taking into consideration the item(s) to be moved, and their current and final destinations.
- Use correct equipment and procedures to record receiving or stowing goods; produce relevant paperwork or labelling processes.
- promote the values of the organisation; communicate effectively with customers and colleagues to identify and meet their needs.
- Work effectively in a warehousing team, including when under pressure, and to agreed deadlines; adapt to change in line with internal and external customer needs or circumstances.
- Use IT applications and other relevant technology and systems, including warehousing management, data capture, radio and barcoding systems, to ensure the safe and efficient processing of goods.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.