Manufacturing engineer (degree) (level 6)
Helping take products from design to manufacture, ensuring that they are launched on time, at cost and to the right quality.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to degree.
- Typical duration
- 60 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Foundation Stage: Complying with statutory regulations and stringent organisational safety requirements
- Foundation Stage: Producing components using hand fitting, fabrication and joining techniques
- Foundation Stage: Producing Computer Aided Design (CAD) models (drawings) using a CAD system
- Foundation Stage: Preparing and using lathes, milling and other general or specialist machines and high tech equipment
- Foundation Stage: Preparing and proving Computer Numeric Control programmes
- Foundation Stage: Using computer software packages to assist with and evaluate engineering activities
- Foundation Stage: Producing and managing engineering project plans
- Foundation Stage: Producing assemblies using a wide range of materials and techniques
- Development Team: Project management and scheduling engineering activities
- Development Team: Securing appropriate resources and managing budgets and resources
- Development Team: Implementing, monitoring and evaluating engineering processes
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.