Team leader or supervisor (level 3)
Managing teams and projects to meet a private, public or voluntary organisation's goals.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 12 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Business and administration
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Project Officer
- Shift Manager
- Shift Supervisor
- Team Leader
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Leading People: Able to communicate organisation strategy and team purpose, and adapt style to suit the audience. Support the development of the team and people through coaching, role modelling values and behaviours, and managing change effectively.
- Managing People: Able to build a high-performing team by supporting and developing individuals, and motivating them to achieve. Able to set operational and personal goals and objectives and monitor progress, providing clear guidance and feedback.
- Building relationships: Building trust with and across the team, using effective negotiation and influencing skills, and managing any conflicts. Able to input to discussions and provide feedback (to team and more widely), and identify and share good practice across teams. Building relationships with customers and managing these effectively.
- Communication: Able to communicate effectively (verbal, written, digital), chair meetings and present to team and management. Use of active listening and provision of constructive feedback.
- Operational Management: Able to communicate organisational strategy and deliver against operational plans, translating goals into deliverable actions for the team, and monitoring outcomes. Able to adapt to change, identifying challenges and solutions. Ability to organise, prioritise and allocate work, and effectively use resources. Able to collate and analyse data, and create reports.
- Project Management: Able to organise, manage resources and risk, and monitor progress to deliver against the project plan. Ability to use relevant project management tools, and take corrective action to ensure successful project delivery.
- Finance:Applying organisational governance and compliance requirements to ensure effective budget controls.
- Self Awareness: Able to reflect on own performance, seek feedback, understand why things happen, and make timely changes by applying learning from feedback received.
- Mangement of Self: Able to create an effective personal development plan, and use time management techniques to manage workload and pressure.
- Decision making: Use of effective problem solving techniques to make decisions relating to delivery using information from the team and others, and able to escalate issues when required.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.